Wednesday, July 13, 2011

"Chicken in Tomato Sauce" bento - 節約チキンのトマトソース煮弁当

Today's o-bento:
 - Chicken in Tomato Sauce
 - Onigiri (Rica Balls and Seaweeds)

It's totally a leftover from last night. I used a slow cooker for the first time in my life. I had not really heard about "slow cooker" when I was in Japan, so I had no idea how to use it or what I can make with it. I asked around and it sounded like people just put some meat and vegetable along with seasoning and water. I peeled off the skin from the bone-in chicken breast, and added some tomato sauce, basil, oregano, salt, minced garlic, garlic cloves, and lentil beans. Lentil beans are not been seen in Japan but one of my friend made me soup with it and it was so good, plus it contains a lot of iron. Yeah, iron is what I need. Cooked about 5 hours in low heat. You can't really see chicken in the picture but it was nice and tender. I liked the sauce too.

弁当らしくない弁当ですが、昨日の残り物をコンテナーに入れておにぎりを作って夫を送り出しました。簡単、安上がり。にほんブログ村 料理ブログ 簡単お弁当へ

No comments:

Post a Comment